The Class of 2020 Graduation Can be Viewed on our youtube Channel Starting at 5:00 pm on June 25, 2020
May27, 2020 (Updated June 2, 2020)
Lakeland Jr/Sr High School
Class of 2020
The Lakeland School Board approved a resolution on May 26th, setting the date, time and place for the Lakeland Jr/Sr High School Graduation Ceremony celebrating the Class of 2020. The ceremony will take place between 5:30 until completed on Thursday, June 25, 2020 in front of the Lakeland Jr/Sr High School. The details are listed below for graduating seniors and their parents.
- Each student will be permitted one full car of family members.
- All cars will enter from Rt. 247 via the back access road behind the Scott Campus
- Cars will follow the directions provided by staff and markings that will wrap vehicles around Scott Campus and eventually to the front of the high school campus.
- As vehicles begin to approach the front of the school, we will have an administrator asking for the name of the graduate and he/she will use a radio to notify staff to get his/her diploma ready.
- As each car pulls up to the front of the school, the graduate will exit their vehicle (wearing his/her cap & gown) and approach the stage to receive his/her diploma from the Principal.
- Parents will be permitted to exit the car to take a quick video and a few pictures.
- Once the student receives his/her diploma, the student will immediately return to their vehicle and they will exit the high school campus via the exit closest to the Scott Campus on Rt. 247. To ensure that we can get all graduates through before dark, we ask that parents (taking video or pictures) do so efficiently and be respectful of the procedure set in place.
We plan to have the following:
- A stage adorned with flowers where students will receive their diplomas
- The Lakeland School District Banner will be placed behind the stage
- A carpet for students to walk up to the stage
- Pomp & Circumstance playing over the outside speakers
- Live stream on either the district Facebook page or on YouTube (If not raining)
- A photographer taking pictures of graduates
- There will be no hand shaking due to COVID-19
- We will practice social distancing as much as possible.
If parents or students have any questions concerning this graduation ceremony, please email the Principal, Mrs. Carmella Bullick at firstname.lastname@example.org.