ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?
BECOME A LAKELAND
LAMBDA ETA SIGMA
Become a Lambda Eta Sigma Graduate! At LHS we hope to promote and encourage students to achieve Lakeland Lambda Eta Sigma status. The following categories express our collective values and identify what an ideal graduate should achieve during his/her high school career.
Students can aspire to become a Lakeland Lambda Eta Sigma graduate! To become a Lambda Eta Sigma graduate, students must meet/exceed the following criteria:
- SCHOLARSHIP: Earn 28 credits from grades 9-12
- TRUSTWORTHY: Maintain a 95% attendance rate from grades 9-12
- RESPECTFUL: Receive zero (0) office discipline referrals from grades 9-12
- Complete 60 hours of community service from grades 9-12 (20 of the hours must not be associated with student club activities)
- Participate in 6 extracurricular activities (sports, clubs, organizations, etc.) for at least 2 years each
- BRAVE: Complete 3 capstone courses (listed below)
- EXCELLENT: Maintain at least one leadership position on an extracurricular activity, for one year.
Requirements for Transfer Students
- Transfer students will be responsible to present evidence of meeting the above criteria, certified from their previous school(s), to be eligible for the award. A district form is available, allowing a transfer student to be potentially eligible for the award, would need to be filled out by the student and their parent.
Current Lakeland High School Capstone Courses
- Math: AP Calculus, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Comp Sci A
- Science: AP Chemistry, AP Bio, AP Physics, Biomedical Innovations (PLTW)
- English: AP Language and Composition, AP Literature and Composition
- Social Studies: AP Government and Politics
- Fine Arts: Music Theory II, Honors French IV, Honors Spanish IV, Honors Art Studio
- Practical Arts: Engineering Design & Development (PLTW), Advanced Woodworking
- Career Technology Center - Due to the nature of the schedule for students who attend the Career Technology Center of Lackawanna County (CTC), CTC students will have met the “capstone course” requirement by meeting/exceeding the following:
- Completers of their 3 year programming
- Any two (2) of the following criteria:
- Member of the National Technical Honor Society
- Earned an industry certification
- Medalist at SkillsUSA competition